Welcome Guest  |  Login  |  Forum Registration

Rane Battle Mixers Auto BPM

Marv

Marv 12:11:10 - 14 November 2017

Just went through the user manual of the other rane mixer that has on board FX (Rane 64) and it does not detect BPM of Turntables or Media players connected via RCA input.

They have only four sources of BPM information

x = Manual tap

S = Serato

A = USB A

B = USB B

I own a 62 and only just realised that it doesn’t auto detect BPM for the SC5000 I connected via RCA.

I have to tap the tempo everytime I need to fire the inbuilt FX . And as someone that uses a lot of Echo when I’m mixing it becomes tenuous. I believe Pioneer has this feature already it takes only a few seconds for the hardware to guess the tempo of the live track.
Good thing about rane mixers is that they have channel specific FX buttons.
I’m still happy with the 62 though. I cleaned the crossfader today and it’s razor sharp cuts all day.

1. Can this be implemented via firmware update or the 62 hardware is not able to do this?

2. Will the 72 have this feature?

Thanks

[ Edited: 14 November 2017 12:13 AM by Marv ]
{name}

pointa 4:07:17 - 10 May 2018

Rane 72 seems it hasnt the auto bpm feature for rca phono / line sources.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————
https://a.cdn.sera.to/forum/discussion/1674989

DJ Marv the Maverick 10:06 PM - 10 April, 2018
Quote:
Hey Marv, I was messing with some real vinyl and I believe it did auto detect. However let me double check and try again for you tonight and follow up.

Thanks

Got an email from Rane today that auto detect BPM is not available. But the staff also added that it may be possible to implement via a future firmware.

I was between trading my 62 or S9.

S9 auto detects bpm whilst the 62 doesn’t.
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

Please Rane /InMusic, could you give some details for the rest of users interested about this possible firmware update to include auto bpm function for analog audio signals?
I think this new Rane gear which is expensive and top gamma should have this auto BPM feature for analog signals as other cheaper and lower gamma not Rane mixers have.
Anyway, I think the new mixer is a hit (very accurate on all aspects), congrats.
Thank you very much.
Pablo.

[ Edited: 10 May 2018 04:49 PM by pointa ]
{name}

Aptidda 11:24:50 - 11 May 2018

Rane, please implement AUTO BPM Detection for Analog Sources. Thank you!

To participate in this discussion we need a few basic details from you

Publicly visible when you post in this forum discussion
Passwords must be at least 5 characters long

User Log-in

Forgotten Password