Welcome Guest  |  Login  |  Forum Registration

Syncing Serato DJ and Maschine through the Rane Sixty-Four

Shaun Whitcher Rane Forum Admin

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 8:01:31 - 01 November 2013

Here’s a link to the article: Syncing Serato DJ and Maschine through the Rane Sixty-Four

Any questions? Any questions?

{name}

DJB4$$ 11:08:46 - 02 December 2013

Yes How Do you do it?

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 12:02:59 - 03 December 2013

Hi DJB4$$, the video walk-though article can be found here—>> https://dj.rane.com/blog/syncing-serato-dj-and-maschine-through-the-rane-sixty-four

{name}

Smasherelly 2:43:36 - 21 January 2014

Will this feature be added to the Rane 62? I’ve been using the TTM56 forever, switched to Traktor for the last few years, but I prefer to upgrade to the 62 rather than the Z2. the way the 62 routes the audio is the same way I have my audio 8 and TTM56 set up, plus it has the built in effects. So if I can get Serato DJ with the 62 to work with Maschine then that would be great!!

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 6:30:03 - 23 January 2014

Yes, the new firmware update for the Sixty-Two has this capability smile

{name}

Dj Big B 8:59:03 - 18 March 2014

How can it done with Rane 62? How do you send a midi start message from the rane 62 to maschine?

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 6:39:49 - 19 March 2014

Once you install the new firmware update for the Rane Sixty-Two, the procedure should be the same smile

Our new 62 Core audio drivers (which include the new firmware) can be found here: https://dj.rane.com/files/product-downloads/SixtyTwo-1.2.1f2.zip

{name}

Dj Big B 6:16:36 - 20 March 2014

how do you send a midi start message from a rane 62 mixer to a maschine. my rane 62 doesn’t have a SHIFT KEY. How do you go about it from this part?

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 1:22:42 - 24 March 2014

Hold the Tap button down while using the Joystick (up or down) to toggle through the beat clock options smile

{name}

Nando1975 9:01:51 - 14 September 2014

Awesome anymore updates?

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 10:58:20 - 17 September 2014

Hi Nando1975,

Not since the last firmware update. Are there any features you would like to see added?

{name}

Tipps 10:33:32 - 03 May 2015

Thanks for this video!! Just wondering about other gear such as Roland TR8 and Dave Smith tempest. I’m guessing that these would need to be running through a DAW such as Maschine or Abelton to be able to sync them with serato through the 64 or possibly even just run through one of the midi connections on Maschine. Also wondering if doing this is demanding on cpu and if anyone has experienced drop outs etc as two audio programs are running?

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 1:57:57 - 05 May 2015

Tipps - 03 May 2015 10:33 PM

Thanks for this video!! Just wondering about other gear such as Roland TR8 and Dave Smith tempest. I’m guessing that these would need to be running through a DAW such as Maschine or Abelton to be able to sync them with serato through the 64 or possibly even just run through one of the midi connections on Maschine. Also wondering if doing this is demanding on cpu and if anyone has experienced drop outs etc as two audio programs are running?

Hi Tipps,

Yeah, you’d have to midi sync your TR8 and Tempest through a DAW or old school MIDI cable chaining.

In regards to Rane 64 MIDI beatclock affecting CPU, I haven’t experienced any issues when everything is running or heard of any issues from other DJs.

{name}

E-SIX 10:24:45 - 19 September 2015

Hey Shaun,

This feature is fantastic! Is this process close, or similar to syncing with a daw—particularly Abelton Live..

If so, can you bless us with the how-to sync Abelton midi, with Rane 64/62?

Please and Thank You!

E

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 6:17:36 - 21 September 2015

E-SIX - 19 September 2015 10:24 AM

Hey Shaun,

This feature is fantastic! Is this process close, or similar to syncing with a daw—particularly Abelton Live..

If so, can you bless us with the how-to sync Abelton midi, with Rane 64/62?

Please and Thank You!

E

Good questions, I think we have/had something written up about this. Hit up Zach Stone here at Rane. He’s our go-to Ableton guy here :) I believe this is possible.

Zach Stone Rane Forum Admin

ADMIN
Zach Stone 7:00:14 - 21 September 2015

Hey E-Six,

The instruction is almost identical. Just with some changes within Ableton’s preferences.
If you want you can give me a call when you have things set up and I can walk through it over the phone.
425-355-6000

To participate in this discussion we need a few basic details from you

Publicly visible when you post in this forum discussion
Passwords must be at least 5 characters long

User Log-in

Forgotten Password