Welcome Guest  |  Login  |  Forum Registration

Rane 64 Crossfader Curve

{name}

Andrei Matei 2:53:46 - 05 September 2013

Hi Rane Team,

Really excited about your Rane 64. Quick question on the crossfader. Was anything changed in the firmware relating to it and the slope of the curve on the “slowest” setting? On the old analog 56s, the slowest contour provided a smaoth fade in and fade out. On the 61/62/68, the crossfader cut-in, even on the slowest setting, is a lot more abrupt, making mixing with a crossfader (I know that’s weird) hard.

In my talks with some of your crew a few months back, several of you mentioned this is in queue for an upcoming firmware update. Just wanted to see if you had any more info if this made it into the 64? Looking for a 56s or DJM900-like contour on the slowest crossfader setting!

Thanks a bunch.

Andrei

{name}

Andrei Matei 1:11:35 - 05 September 2013

Hey Trevor,

No problem, I totally understand. i’ll follow-up with you guys after the 14th. Def. going to put in my pre-order with AGI if things have been tweaked on the CF!

Exciting times! Thanks for all the great products you guys continue to roll out!

-Andrei

Shaun Whitcher Rane Forum Admin

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 9:26:11 - 06 September 2013

Andrei Matei - 05 September 2013 01:11 PM

Hey Trevor,

No problem, I totally understand. i’ll follow-up with you guys after the 14th. Def. going to put in my pre-order with AGI if things have been tweaked on the CF!

Exciting times! Thanks for all the great products you guys continue to roll out!

-Andrei

Sweet! Thank you for the support Andrei!

{name}

Andrei Matei 10:26:49 - 14 September 2013

Hey Trevor and Shaun,

Now that its been released at BPM, can you comment more on any tweaks with the CF curve on the slowest setting compared to the 62?

Thank you!

Andrei

{name}

Andrei Matei 3:29:15 - 18 September 2013

Hey Trevor,

Thank you. Yes, the calibration was one of the first things I tried on the 62 and it was calibrated successfully. It is in-spec, just different than your non-digital mixers.

I’ll just need to learn to use up-faders for smooth mixing like everyone else and leave the crossfader to cuts. It’s definitely not as smooth as the DJM series or 56/56s, but I suppose its a minor concession for an otherwise perfect mixer from a workflow perspective.

Thank you.

Andrei

{name}

Andrei Matei 11:09:58 - 19 September 2013

Hey Trevor,

Excellent. I’m glad your team is continuing to look at it. WIth that small tweak, Rane DJ mixers will be that much more perfect and really help those of us who mix “weirdly” with the CF. I can’t wait to chunk my DJM-900 to the scrap heap and get a 64 once this is adjusted. :)

What is the best way for me to keep up with the progress on this request? Is there a bug report, feature-request thread, or anything of the sort? If it can be adjusted in an upcoming firmware update, I want to know when that’s close to going live so I can place an order for a 64 straight away.

Thanks!

Andrei

{name}

Andrei Matei 3:13:20 - 01 January 2014

Hey Trevor,

Any updates on this?

Andrei

To participate in this discussion we need a few basic details from you

Publicly visible when you post in this forum discussion
Passwords must be at least 5 characters long

User Log-in

Forgotten Password