LATE 2010 MACBOOKPRO

RAM
8GB

External Hard Drive
Yes

Affected Products
on

Description
Since Scratch Live is entering End of Life. I believe the mixer should be unlocked to be used with Virtual DJ or any other products. Is this possible (which it should be) and can we get a final firmware update to do so. We believe this mixer still has many years ahead of it. I also have a RANE 62Z I love very much, but I do not want to be locked into using only Serato Scratch Live / Serato DJ and especially Serato Video. Thanks

Shaun Whitcher Rane Forum Admin

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 3:49:35 - 13 September 2013

Culprit - 13 September 2013 02:57 PM

Software Being Used
VIRTUAL DJ

Software Version

Operating System
OSX 10.6.8

CPU
LATE 2010 MACBOOKPRO

RAM
8GB

External Hard Drive
Yes

Affected Products
on

Description
Since Scratch Live is entering End of Life. I believe the mixer should be unlocked to be used with Virtual DJ or any other products. Is this possible (which it should be) and can we get a final firmware update to do so. We believe this mixer still has many years ahead of it. I also have a RANE 62Z I love very much, but I do not want to be locked into using only Serato Scratch Live / Serato DJ and especially Serato Video. Thanks

The Core Audio and ASIO drivers for the TTM 57SL should work fine with whatever audio or DJ program you wish to use. If you need assistance with setup, please let us know.

{name}

Mike Czech 4:00:04 - 14 September 2013

Shaun does that include Serato DJ?

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 7:42:59 - 14 September 2013

Serato would need to develop the Serato DJ software to work with the TTM 57SL, but due to certain hardware/driver limitations, it’s simply not possible, unfortunately.

Culprit

Culprit 2:29:36 - 17 September 2013

Shaun,

I have a RANE 62Z and a TTM57SL. I tried to use the DVS with the Virtual DJ Software and it did not work. Is Vinyl Manipulation out of the question here?

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 12:45:18 - 17 September 2013

Which mixer did you try using with VDJ?

Culprit

Culprit 7:19:06 - 17 September 2013

Shaun Whitcher - 17 September 2013 12:45 PM

Which mixer did you try using with VDJ?

I First tried using Virtual DJ with Control Vinyl on the 62Z. I will be trying it out tonight on the TTM57SL. Last time I tried, which was a few years ago, the TTM57SL was locked out.

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 11:23:40 - 18 September 2013

This article may help with the configuration: How-to setup Rane hardware with VDJ

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Culprit

Culprit 2:59:08 - 19 September 2013

Shaun Whitcher - 18 September 2013 11:23 PM

This article may help with the configuration: How-to setup Rane hardware with VDJ

I will try this thank you. Using this setup does it work with control vinyl like I requested in the post above?

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 3:27:12 - 19 September 2013

Culprit - 19 September 2013 02:59 AM

I will try this thank you. Using this setup does it work with control vinyl like I requested in the post above?

I don’t see why it wouldn’t. Our soundcards have audio ins and audio outs, so if the “ins
are feeding the virtual decks of VDJ, it should work, but I’ve never actually tried this.

Culprit

Culprit 3:32:24 - 19 September 2013

Shaun Whitcher - 19 September 2013 03:27 PM

I don’t see why it wouldn’t. Our soundcards have audio ins and audio outs, so if the “ins
are feeding the virtual decks of VDJ, it should work, but I’ve never actually tried this.

Hey Shaun,

It’s not working. I tried several times to get the control vinyl to work. I have an SL1 and when I plug that in, the control vinyl works with the Software, so I know its not the software not utilizing the control vinyl correctly. The card input must be locked to Serato Software. I think it should be opened to use any software anyone chooses to use.

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 3:46:40 - 19 September 2013

Culprit - 19 September 2013 03:32 PM

Hey Shaun,

It’s not working. I tried several times to get the control vinyl to work. I have an SL1 and when I plug that in, the control vinyl works with the Software, so I know its not the software not utilizing the control vinyl correctly. The card input must be locked to Serato Software. I think it should be opened to use any software anyone chooses to use.

Oh, the SL1 simply doesn’t have Core Audio Drivers. It never has. It’s not that the box is locked, it’s just that we didn’t develop Core Audio drivers for it when the unit first dropped in 2004. Do you have an SL2 SL3 or something from us with Core Audio drivers?

Culprit

Culprit 4:43:05 - 19 September 2013

Shaun Whitcher - 19 September 2013 03:46 PM
Culprit - 19 September 2013 03:32 PM

Hey Shaun,

Oh, the SL1 simply doesn’t have Core Audio Drivers. It never has. It’s not that the box is locked, it’s just that we didn’t develop Core Audio drivers for it when the unit first dropped in 2004. Do you have an SL2 SL3 or something from us with Core Audio drivers?

Hey Brother, not sure your reading what I am posting here correctly. Can you reread the previous post and hit up and possibly check with engineering or a second opinion on why I cant get control vinyl to work with the core audio drivers? Thanks

{name}

radikarl 5:05:42 - 07 January 2014

the TTM57 core audio driver does not work for DVS

i have no clue what Serato did in their own driver built into Scratch Live, but they must have somehow managed to side step the input selector switches and read the incoming singal on the RCA jacks even when the channel input selectors are set to D1 or D2.

with core audio, you only get the input signal when setting the input selector to phono, but then you can’t send the output back to the mixer.

so in other words, the way the core audio drivers are designed, they give you EITHER input OR output for DVS on each channel ;-(

Culprit

Culprit 5:39:01 - 08 January 2014

radikarl - 07 January 2014 05:05 AM

the TTM57 core audio driver does not work for DVS

i have no clue what Serato did in their own driver built into Scratch Live, but they must have somehow managed to side step the input selector switches and read the incoming singal on the RCA jacks even when the channel input selectors are set to D1 or D2.

with core audio, you only get the input signal when setting the input selector to phono, but then you can’t send the output back to the mixer.

so in other words, the way the core audio drivers are designed, they give you EITHER input OR output for DVS on each channel ;-(

I have this same issue with Virtual DJ. The core audio drivers for the 62 are either limiting the USB DVS channel or the guys that Developed Virtual DJ did not code it correctly for the 62 drivers

{name}

DJ Rob Alahn 3:20:56 - 08 January 2014

Are we only considering Virtual Dj in this thread or other systems like traktor?

• Page 1 of 2
  •  1 2 > 

To participate in this discussion we need a few basic details from you

Publicly visible when you post in this forum discussion
Passwords must be at least 5 characters long

User Log-in

Forgotten Password