Welcome Guest  |  Login  |  Forum Registration

Introducing the MP2015 Rotary Mixer

{name}

GroovinDJ 9:43:31 - 29 January 2015

Tony Snow - 22 January 2015 09:07 PM

If Serato DJ does not support the MP2015, how do you play digital files with this new mixer?

You could use DVS with Virtual DJ.

Unlike some DJ software, VDJ supports any audio interface. If the interface is recognised by your computer, VDJ can use it.

Other software is also capable i.e. Deckadance. Serato & Traktor are not the only kids on the block.

Mac

Mac 11:09:58 - 29 January 2015

Shaun Whitcher - 28 January 2015 09:55 AM
Mr. Mac - 28 January 2015 07:05 AM
Shaun Whitcher - 22 January 2015 01:02 PM

Give us your feedback and ask questions here :)

Hi Shaun - #1 feedback I have for this amazing work of art is that it needs Serato DJ support, so here’s yet another official request so we can take advantage of the MP2015’s high-end dual-USB soundcard.

Secondly, any chance of a 2-channel variant for those of us who only require mixing two sources at once? A more compact chassis footprint and presumed cost savings of a 2-channel would be wonderful and most welcomed. Posted this idea (including a concept rendering) earlier in another section here on forum (which may have be the wrong section for it) before seeing this thread: https://dj.rane.com/forums/viewthread/254/

1. As far as I know, discussions with Serato about this are in the works.

2. Sorry for not seeing your post in the other thread. We’re still playing catch up from NAMM. That design looks pretty slick Mr Mac. We’re open to suggestions. If enough people want something, I don’t see why we wouldn’t fill the need at some point.

Thanks Mac!

Thank you sir. Will be keeping close eye out for news of MP2015 supporting SDJ. We’ll definitely be ordering a few units if/when that hopefully happens.

Regarding possibility of a compact/less expensive 2-channel version like what was submitted above, fingers crossed on both hands for that as well! :-)

Shaun Whitcher Rane Forum Admin

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 6:52:54 - 29 January 2015

Mr. Mac - 29 January 2015 11:09 AM
Shaun Whitcher - 28 January 2015 09:55 AM
Mr. Mac - 28 January 2015 07:05 AM
Shaun Whitcher - 22 January 2015 01:02 PM

Give us your feedback and ask questions here :)

Hi Shaun - #1 feedback I have for this amazing work of art is that it needs Serato DJ support, so here’s yet another official request so we can take advantage of the MP2015’s high-end dual-USB soundcard.

Secondly, any chance of a 2-channel variant for those of us who only require mixing two sources at once? A more compact chassis footprint and presumed cost savings of a 2-channel would be wonderful and most welcomed. Posted this idea (including a concept rendering) earlier in another section here on forum (which may have be the wrong section for it) before seeing this thread: https://dj.rane.com/forums/viewthread/254/

1. As far as I know, discussions with Serato about this are in the works.

2. Sorry for not seeing your post in the other thread. We’re still playing catch up from NAMM. That design looks pretty slick Mr Mac. We’re open to suggestions. If enough people want something, I don’t see why we wouldn’t fill the need at some point.

Thanks Mac!

Thank you sir. Will be keeping close eye out for news of MP2015 supporting SDJ. We’ll definitely be ordering a few units if/when that hopefully happens.

Regarding possibility of a compact/less expensive 2-channel version like what was submitted above, fingers crossed on both hands for that as well! :-)

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for the support! :)

{name}

b 3:28:19 - 05 February 2015

Hey Rane,

I really like the design and specs of the mp2015.
However, and i know this might be missing the point, but i for one am in the market for a new high end mixer, but with faders.
Is there ever a possibilty that this will come out with the best high quality faders around? Cause i really like the overall design of this with those big knobs, but rotary does not suit my overall mixing style cause i like to mix in different ways..but there just isnt something like this on the market, and i am kinda fed up with the other brands out there, and this mp2015 just oozes quality.

Thanks,
Bas

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 1:19:52 - 06 February 2015

b - 05 February 2015 03:28 PM

Hey Rane,

I really like the design and specs of the mp2015.
However, and i know this might be missing the point, but i for one am in the market for a new high end mixer, but with faders.
Is there ever a possibilty that this will come out with the best high quality faders around? Cause i really like the overall design of this with those big knobs, but rotary does not suit my overall mixing style cause i like to mix in different ways..but there just isnt something like this on the market, and i am kinda fed up with the other brands out there, and this mp2015 just oozes quality.

Thanks,
Bas

Hi Bas,

Great question and thank you for asking. If demand is high enough, we open for whatever. Rane has always been a company that listens closely to DJ feedback and requests :)

I’m glad you like to overall design and build quality of the MP2015. Hopefully you’ll get a chance to play on it. Who knows, maybe you’ll be able to make it work for what you’re doing.

If you have any more questions, please feel free.

{name}

b 2:21:55 - 06 February 2015

Hey Shaun,

thanks for the reply.
Glad to hear that if demand is high enough, you are open for stuff like that, and really good to hear that rane listens to its customers, cause customer support is just one of the things that put me off from the other brands.
i think others should take an example and be more interactive with their customers.
Anyway, i hope demand will be high enough, and if not i might still buy it rotary :-)
I am for sure gonna try this mixer out in a shop nearby, however i saw that in the netherlands the price has been set at : 3650,- euros
Is this really correct? 

Thanks,
Bas

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 2:36:17 - 06 February 2015

b - 06 February 2015 02:21 PM

Hey Shaun,

thanks for the reply.
Glad to hear that if demand is high enough, you are open for stuff like that, and really good to hear that rane listens to its customers, cause customer support is just one of the things that put me off from the other brands.
i think others should take an example and be more interactive with their customers.
Anyway, i hope demand will be high enough, and if not i might still buy it rotary :-)
I am for sure gonna try this mixer out in a shop nearby, however i saw that in the netherlands the price has been set at : 3650,- euros
Is this really correct? 

Thanks,
Bas

Cool, thank you :)

Let me know what you think after you get a chance to play around with it.

Good question on the price. I’m not sure what the minimum advertised price in the Netherlands is for the MP2015. We don’t have a distributor in the Netherlands at the moment, so the price you say may reflect duty and vat taxes from two countries or something.

I suggest contacting our distributor in Germany for estimated euro pricing.

Pro Audio-Technik Ltd. Professional Audio Equipment
Pro Audio-Technik Ltd. DJ Department
Zum Wartturm 15
63571 Gelnhausen
Germany
Tel: 49 (0) 60 51 91400
Fax: 49 (0) 60 51 9140-59
Email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

{name}

b 2:52:42 - 06 February 2015

Hey Shaun,

I will let you know for sure, i actually cant wait to try it out :-)

The pricing might also be a estimate since the mixer isn’t out yet, i have seen it before that it turns out lower when the unit is actually released, and i already saw different prices going on around the web amongst shops.
I just thought i’d ask..so i can start saving haha

Thanks for the info, i will send them an email soon.

Have a nice weekend and thanks again.
Bas

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 7:04:20 - 06 February 2015

b - 06 February 2015 02:52 PM

Hey Shaun,

I will let you know for sure, i actually cant wait to try it out :-)

The pricing might also be a estimate since the mixer isn’t out yet, i have seen it before that it turns out lower when the unit is actually released, and i already saw different prices going on around the web amongst shops.
I just thought i’d ask..so i can start saving haha

Thanks for the info, i will send them an email soon.

Have a nice weekend and thanks again.
Bas

Cool, let me know :)

Have a great weekend as well Bas!

{name}

8plex 5:35:59 - 10 February 2015

Anyone played with this yet?  I was about to put my 68 up for sale until I saw this mixer didn’t have Serato Live capabilities built in.  I had actually been looking at the 2016 setup and repurchasing an SL4 before this mixer popped up.  Hopefully we will see some Serato Live and or DJ support soon.

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 6:04:45 - 10 February 2015

8plex - 10 February 2015 05:35 PM

Anyone played with this yet?  I was about to put my 68 up for sale until I saw this mixer didn’t have Serato Live capabilities built in.  I had actually been looking at the 2016 setup and repurchasing an SL4 before this mixer popped up.  Hopefully we will see some Serato Live and or DJ support soon.

Hi 8plex,

We’re in the process of building our first production run. Mixers should hit the streets soon for DJs to have a go on it. We’ve had DJs play on the prototypes we’re using for development and they all loved it. I’ve played on one quite a few times and can never go back to using anything else :)

Not sure what Serato has planned for the MP2015, but I’m sure we’ll find.

{name}

8plex 11:14:09 - 10 February 2015

Good deal.  I’ll keep watching reviews and keep looking for the Serato update.  Already informed my vendor (we sell a lot of Rane product) that I’m looking for another dealer deal.  Last purchases - SL1 , SL2, Sl4, Rane 68 - hope to make the 2015 the next toy to show off to friends (who have moved to serato over the years).  Can’t wait!

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 1:44:25 - 11 February 2015

8plex - 10 February 2015 11:14 PM

Good deal.  I’ll keep watching reviews and keep looking for the Serato update.  Already informed my vendor (we sell a lot of Rane product) that I’m looking for another dealer deal.  Last purchases - SL1 , SL2, Sl4, Rane 68 - hope to make the 2015 the next toy to show off to friends (who have moved to serato over the years).  Can’t wait!

Cool, sounds good. Thank you for all the support over the years!

{name}

jippykumar 12:47:38 - 15 February 2015

Hi Shaun,

Im from indonesia and will be ordering this mixer on monday through Goshen Electronics as they are Rane’s diatributor in Indonesia…

With this mixer am i able to record my dj set? I cant see any record out on the back panel.  This id the first time for me to own rane mixer.

I am currently using a DJM600 with record out at the back of the mixer.. But as for MP2015, i cant see them. Maybe is labelled under a different name. Is it called session on Rane?

Please let me know as i want to be able to record my dj set with this mixer.

Cheers
Jippy Kunar

{name}

8plex 7:56:12 - 16 February 2015

jippykumar - 15 February 2015 12:47 PM

Hi Shaun,

Im from indonesia and will be ordering this mixer on monday through Goshen Electronics as they are Rane’s diatributor in Indonesia…

With this mixer am i able to record my dj set? I cant see any record out on the back panel.  This id the first time for me to own rane mixer.

I am currently using a DJM600 with record out at the back of the mixer.. But as for MP2015, i cant see them. Maybe is labelled under a different name. Is it called session on Rane?

Please let me know as i want to be able to record my dj set with this mixer.

Cheers
Jippy Kunar

I know when I don’t use serato and someone wants to record on the Rane 68 Session works just fine.  Just have to watch the levels (like with anything else) on your recorder.  Being this new beast is supposed to nice and clean - I’m sure it would work just fine.  That being said - I’d assume you would be able to use either of the USB ports for a direct feed to a good amount of music software that could grab a clean signal.  I didn’t design it nor I have I used it though.  So I’m just guessing until the Rane Master answers.

To participate in this discussion we need a few basic details from you

Publicly visible when you post in this forum discussion
Passwords must be at least 5 characters long

User Log-in

Forgotten Password