Welcome Guest  |  Login  |  Forum Registration

Introducing the MP2015 Rotary Mixer

{name}

LoopCat 12:50:30 - 23 January 2015

+1 For serato Dj support (DVS) and prepared to switch over to Serato if it happens!

Please post up a demo video soon! Would love to hear the filters and isolator in action.

Cheers

{name}

LoopCat 1:44:24 - 23 January 2015

To add to this it would be great down the track to make a 2 channel reduced version of this down the track. Allot of people I know are keen for a two channel bedroom rotary mixer.

{name}

Tony Snow 5:23:16 - 23 January 2015

So basically, I can use Serato DJ DVS with my SL4 box, it is just not internal like my sixty-four, but will be used in the same way I use my Empath Rotary mixer.  I can live with that for now…but it would be nice to have a rotary mixer with Serato built in, even if it was a rotary version of the sixty-four.

Shaun Whitcher Rane Forum Admin

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 8:01:31 - 23 January 2015

DeJay Cease - 22 January 2015 11:59 PM

What are the dimensions of the mixer? Does this mixer also have the “Rane clip control” from previous mixers. The original mp2016 would clip badly when pushed which was addressed in the 2016a and 2016s. What pots were used ? Alps RK27?

Unit Size = 35.5 cm x 33.3 cm x 8.3 cm [14˝ H x 13.1˝ W x 4.3˝ D (includes knobs)]

Weight = 5.7 kg or 12.6 lb.

Yes, it has massive headroom. It’ll be extremely hard to clip.

We use custom proprietary pots rated for 1 million cycles.

{name}

DeJay Cease 9:03:20 - 23 January 2015

So if I understand correctly the pots are not industry standard Alps pots, they are custom one offs….meaning 10 years down the road,  if a volume pot goes bad and by chance Rane is no longer around…I’m up the creak with a one of a kind pot? Just asking because I have a feeling the price point will be a major investment….meaning this mixer would have to be around for the long haul with the “wear” parts available if need be.

{name}

nt 11:10:05 - 23 January 2015

couple of questions;

1) are any parts of the circuit analog, filters etc, or is this a completely digital mixer, with digital eqs/filters?

2) is the AD pre or post EQ/filter?
(if i’d want to digitize vinyl for example i’d ideally go RIAA-amp > AD > USB/computer, without passing eq/filter/volumepot)

3) what kind of crossfader curve does the dry/wet FX knob have?

thanks
/k

{name}

Matt 11:19:47 - 23 January 2015

+1 to what nt said.

I’d love to hear the reasoning behind choosing digital for the actual mixing components past the ADC/DAC’s.  I’m probably not technical enough to understand some of the details, but still just very curious since it kind of makes it quite a different mixer from a bozak or mp2016 I’d think.

{name}

inthered 2:42:48 - 23 January 2015

Is the phono signal path 100% analog (ie, 0 ad/da conversion) from input signal all the way to master output?

{name}

mixit313 4:18:38 - 23 January 2015

I know, right?

{name}

mixit313 4:20:09 - 23 January 2015

So how much are we talking for this unit so I can start cutting grass and shoveling snow for extra money?

{name}

Matt 7:00:56 - 23 January 2015

just google.  agiprodj has it listed for 2900

{name}

thebuttonfreak 12:43:17 - 24 January 2015

Ya, is the phono all analog start to finish?

inthered - 23 January 2015 02:42 PM

Is the phono signal path 100% analog (ie, 0 ad/da conversion) from input signal all the way to master output?

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 11:15:08 - 24 January 2015

DeJay Cease - 23 January 2015 09:03 AM

So if I understand correctly the pots are not industry standard Alps pots, they are custom one offs….meaning 10 years down the road,  if a volume pot goes bad and by chance Rane is no longer around…I’m up the creak with a one of a kind pot? Just asking because I have a feeling the price point will be a major investment….meaning this mixer would have to be around for the long haul with the “wear” parts available if need be.

All pots, at some point, get phased out (e.g., the Alps ‘Black Beauty’ pots used in the Urei and original MP2016). People are still using the original 2016 with the Black Beauty pots, which were only rated for about 20 thousand cycles. But the pots we use in the MP2015 are rated for 1 million cycles…..yes, 1 million. Those pots should last the lifetime of the mixer. The company that makes are pots are iin the aerospace and medical industry, so I doubt they’re going anywhere soon.

The minimum advertised price of the MP2015 is $2899.

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 11:20:54 - 24 January 2015

nt - 23 January 2015 11:10 AM

couple of questions;

1) are any parts of the circuit analog, filters etc, or is this a completely digital mixer, with digital eqs/filters?

2) is the AD pre or post EQ/filter?
(if i’d want to digitize vinyl for example i’d ideally go RIAA-amp > AD > USB/computer, without passing eq/filter/volumepot)

3) what kind of crossfader curve does the dry/wet FX knob have?

thanks
/k

1) The entire mixer in digital. As soon as signal enters the mixer, it’s converted into digital using 32-bit floating point DSP and stay in the digital domain until it leaves the unit.

2) Pre

3) Interesting question. It should be a linear tapered pot. I’ll have to ask for verify. I don’t see why we would do anything tweaky with the wet/dry pot.

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 11:25:02 - 24 January 2015

Matt - 23 January 2015 11:19 AM

+1 to what nt said.

I’d love to hear the reasoning behind choosing digital for the actual mixing components past the ADC/DAC’s.  I’m probably not technical enough to understand some of the details, but still just very curious since it kind of makes it quite a different mixer from a bozak or mp2016 I’d think.

Keeping everything digital, in a 32-bit floating point DSP, gives us unlimited internal headroom. Allowing audio to pass through a pot can result in ‘scratchy’ audio once the pot gets dirty or starts to get worn out. Not only is no audio passing through the pots, these pots are rated for 1 million turns. Average pots, like the ALPS Blue Velvet used in the MP2016A/S, are rated for 20 thousand.

To participate in this discussion we need a few basic details from you

Publicly visible when you post in this forum discussion
Passwords must be at least 5 characters long

User Log-in

Forgotten Password