Intel Core Duo

RAM
8GB

External Hard Drive
Yes

Affected Products
Sixty-Two

Description
While using Serato DJ (not effected in ScratchLive) When ever I use the “Beat” jog to change the effect parameters it creates cue points for the right deck. Some how the beat jog is midi mapped to both effect parameters and right deck cue points.

I have contacted SeratoDJ and as a result was led to rane as they said they couldn’t duplicate the issue. I’m on 2.21 firmware and have deleted Serato Dj and reinstalled with no solution. I had a Maschine midi mapped to Serato DJ as well however I deleted the template I created, no difference there as well.

Any one else have this problem or know of a solution?

Zach Stone Rane Forum Admin

ADMIN
Zach Stone 7:06:06 - 17 September 2014

Hey Kay,

Did Serato support happen to mention you try removing the autosave.xml file located within the MIDI folder within the _Serato_ folder which is inside the Music folder on your internal drive?

If not, delete that and also take any other MIDI presets out of the MIDI folder. Retest from there.

{name}

KayPlaya 4:27:38 - 18 September 2014

Thanks for the response! I’ll be the first to admit I’m not the most technical when it comes to serato’s inner workings.

As it stands now, in my midi folder I have only an xml folder which is empty, no preset files and no autosave.xml file to be found

Zach Stone Rane Forum Admin

ADMIN
Zach Stone 12:28:37 - 18 September 2014

You should see NOTHING in your MIDI folder. Delete everything in there.

{name}

KayPlaya 4:47:10 - 20 September 2014

got it.. seems as if Serato DJ was installed on both of my internal HDs. Found the file in the other and deleted, back to normal.. Thanks!!

{name}

KayPlaya 2:44:59 - 21 September 2014

UPDATE: After a few days of working correctly, during my gig last night Serato DJ started doing the same thing. While adjusting the time parameters of my fx with the “beat” jog it was triggering cue points on the right deck.

I also learned that the headphones split button was launching the first sample in the sp6. Seemed to happen after about 2 hours of working correctly and I had no midi controller hooked up. Not sure now what is causing this

To participate in this discussion we need a few basic details from you

Publicly visible when you post in this forum discussion
Passwords must be at least 5 characters long

User Log-in

Forgotten Password