Welcome Guest  |  Login  |  Forum Registration

The Worst Gig Experience Thread

Dj MBezzle

Dj MBezzle 9:43:20 - 10 September 2013

It happens to the best of them, picky clients, dull crowds, bad requests, equipment failure, if it can go wrong it will.  Heres a thread to share our “whats the worst that can happen” stories.

djmel

djmel 2:55:14 - 17 November 2013

was djin for a chick at a club for almost a year and half…she started fallin behind in payments….then the club owner that own the club he ripped me off for 200$..the chick i was djin for come to find out was cheapskate…(lived in a 500.000$ house but couldnt afford to pay me 200$ per week…smh….never again,....i only dj with contracts only

Dj MBezzle

Dj MBezzle 10:13:36 - 10 January 2014

Using a contract is a great idea!!!  Dont ever let the people you work for fall behind on payments, if you were a customer at their bar theres no way they would serve you a drink with a promise to pay eventually!  Take a stand from the first time and make it clear that non payment is NOT an option.

When I was first starting out I apprenticed inder an older Dj and the owner tried to pull the ““we didnt make enough to pay you” argument.  As a show of proof he opened an empty register.  The guy I was apprenticing under says ok, and took the register and told him when they had his money they could have their register back…..he was paiid shortly afterwards.

Shaun Whitcher Rane Forum Admin

ADMIN
Shaun Whitcher 2:15:25 - 10 January 2014

Dj MBezzle - 10 January 2014 10:13 AM

Using a contract is a great idea!!!  Dont ever let the people you work for fall behind on payments, if you were a customer at their bar theres no way they would serve you a drink with a promise to pay eventually!  Take a stand from the first time and make it clear that non payment is NOT an option.

When I was first starting out I apprenticed inder an older Dj and the owner tried to pull the ““we didnt make enough to pay you” argument.  As a show of proof he opened an empty register.  The guy I was apprenticing under says ok, and took the register and told him when they had his money they could have their register back…..he was paiid shortly afterwards.

Haha! Great story :)

{name}

beatsbooster 6:46:05 - 16 May 2018

Hahaha this is the best thread ever… thanks for sharing your stories. I had the worst experience in a rock band “gig”...
We went to this “gig” in the middle of nowhere to play (for free) with the old “promotion” story.. we accepted anyways… we lost 2 hours in getting to the place to find nothing… not even a single speaker in the damn place…they had a guitar and a fireplace, at least we ate like pigs .

{name}

Timothy Moore 8:17:40 - 24 November 2018

Can’t really give you much technical advice/story sorry but I do wish you the best and hope the gig is really great always !!!
of course, We are happy to hear some good and bad story happen to your gig!! Let us all know how it goes

To participate in this discussion we need a few basic details from you

Publicly visible when you post in this forum discussion
Passwords must be at least 5 characters long

User Log-in

Forgotten Password