For those people that have invested a lot of time organizing their music in iTunes, but want to stop relying on iTunes to import their files into Scratch Live, this article is for you. Using iTunes to import your music collection into Scratch Live can be a bit sketchy at times, especially when a new iTunes update is available. This article will explain how to transfer your iTunes playlists into Scratch Live crates and how to get new music imported in Scratch Live, while continuing to import and store music in iTunes like you have been.
1. Open Scratch Live and make sure the 'Read iTunes Library' option is checked.
2. Go back to the main screen and click on the blue Library folder to view your iTunes playlists.
3. Create crates by clicking on the brown crate icon at the bottom of the crate section.
4. Name the crates the same name as the Playlists being read from iTunes. Simply double click on the crate name, rename it, and press enter. In this example I've created a House and Techno crate.
5. Select all the files in a particular playlist by clicking on one file in the playlist and holding down CTRL + A (PC) or Command + A (Mac). Once highlighted, drag/drop them into the same named crate you created.
6. Once all your playlists are transferred into crates, uncheck the 'Read iTunes Library' option in the Setup screen. All the same files and organized crate structure has been copied to Scratch Live, only now, Scratch Live will no longer be relying on iTunes to import your music.
Now that your iTunes playlists have been transferred into crates, how do you get new files added to iTunes to show up in Scratch Live? Easy!