1. Acceptance of Terms. Rane Corporation (“we,” “us,” and “our”) offers the user (“you” and “your”) the ability to upload, use, and interact with information, images, photos, commentary, content, opinions and material (“User Content”) through our website and through third-party websites and platforms (in any such case, the “Site”). To add User Content to our Site, you are obliged to check for the most current version of these Terms of Service (the “Terms”), read them, and accept them. By continuing to use our Site, you agree to all modifications of the Terms. Subject to your agreement and compliance with the Terms, we grant you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited-scope license to use the Site. Use of the Site is solely for your own pleasure, for private, non-commercial entertainment purposes, and for no other purpose whatsoever. By using the Site, you hereby acknowledge that the license to use the Site is limited by the Terms, and if you violate or if at any point you do not agree to any of the Terms, the license to use the Site immediately terminates, and you must immediately refrain from using the Site.
2. Original Work of Authorship. You warrant and represent that (a) you own all rights to all User Content submitted, uploaded, or posted by you; and (b) all such User Content consists of original works of authorship on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate, or infringe any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right of any other person or entity. We are not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to User Content. We do not test or verify any User Content on the Site. While we do not knowingly accept User Content that violates another’s rights, we do not actively monitor content that is posted to the Site and we are not responsible if you or any other user uploads such User Content.
3. Compliance with Applicable Rules and Regulations. You are responsible for your own User Content, whether posted in the chat rooms, forums, photo galleries, or other public posting areas on the Site. You agree to conform to Site polices and guidelines concerning the size, length, format, subject, content, and relevancy of User Content. Submitting User Content that violates our rules or any applicable local, national, or international laws or regulations is not acceptable, and may subject you to sanctions, including termination of your right to use the Site.
4. Objectionable Material. Some users may upload, submit, or post User Content that others may find offensive, indecent, or objectionable. We will determine, in our sole discretion, whether User Content is acceptable for the Site. Our decision is final even if you or any other user disagrees with our judgment. We reserve the right to edit, redact, or delete User Content that we consider unacceptable or inappropriate, or for any other reason or no reason, which we need not disclose, at our convenience and in our sole discretion. When removing images that are contained in User Content, we may remove only the images to which we object, all the images in a folder, or all the images in a user’s portfolio, at our convenience and in our sole discretion. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we assume no obligation and have no responsibility for monitoring or reviewing any User Content submitted, uploaded, or posted to the Site.
5. Editing User Content. User Content may be, and often is, edited by us or others. Our editors and moderators, some of whom are volunteers, strive to highlight User Content that we determine to be most interesting or useful to our user community. We reserve the right to edit, redact, or delete any User Content that you upload to the Site, at our sole discretion. The Site also contains material from experts, organizations, and advertisers (“Third Party Content”). We are not responsible for the accuracy, reliability, or usefulness of User Content or Third Party Content.
6. Intellectual Property Rights. We own all rights to the Site, its services, the technology, information, documents, files, webpages, and other products developed in connection with the Site or available on the Site. Submitting User Content to any area of the Site does not transfer ownership rights in the Site. You retain the ownership rights to your User Content. By submitting User Content, however, you give certain limited rights to both us and other users of the Site.
7. License. By submitting User Content, you grant us an irrevocable, nonexclusive, and worldwide license to use, in any manner or media whatsoever, all video and other materials, including all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights associated with the User Content, submitted by you. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by submitting User Content, you acknowledge that we will have the right to use, modify, and make derivative works of the User Content, in any form, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You agree to take, at your own expense, any further action, including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents, reasonably requested by us to effect, perfect, or confirm our rights as set forth in this Section. You grant to other users of the Site permission to download copies of images contained in your User Content, to make such alterations and markups for the purpose of commentary as they see fit, and to attach the modified images to their comments on your User Content. You also grant other Site users the right to quote your User Content in their own postings on the Site.
8. Additional Content. Other than User Content or Third Party Content, we, and/or our software suppliers, own or license all text, graphics, logos, icons, images, photographs, audio clips, video clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software associated with the Site and such content is protected by U.S. and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. Our selection, coordination, and arrangement of content on the Site are our exclusive property, and are protected as a compilation by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on the Site or in conjunction with its operation is our property and/or the property of our software suppliers and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
9. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. These Terms shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Washington without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. YOUR USE OF THE SITE CONSTITUTES AN AGREEMENT BY YOU THAT ANY DISPUTE THAT CANNOT BE RESOLVED BETWEEN YOU AND US SHALL BE RESOLVED WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION.
10. Entire Agreement. These Terms, in connection with the other obligations and rules detailed in writing on the Site, constitute the entire agreement between you and us and cannot be modified by you. These Terms cannot be modified on an individual basis by any person affiliated, or claiming affiliation, with the Site. Nothing in this section will prevent us from modifying the terms of these Terms and posting such modifications on the Site. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.
Last updated April 2013.